15 Sep 2013
Review by Heather
A special thank you to MyCouponKeeper for sending me their Deluxe System!
I am an extreme couponer that stockpiles and I endorse the MyCouponKeeper Deluxe System
I have been an extreme couponer for nearly four years. It all started when my little sister approached me and told me about an extreme couponing show she had seen; she said I just had to watch it. I remember rolling my eyes at her and saying, “Couponing, seriously?” I had never looked at weekly ads, never clipped coupons, and thought this would be a serious waste of my time. I decided to indulge her so we sat down together one night and watched a few episodes… I WAS HOOKED! Not only did I know that I would be able to save a bundle of money at the grocery store, I was confident that I would be able to coupon better than most of the ladies I had seen on TV.
To say that my road starting out was rocky would be putting it mildly. Instead of taking the time to actually learn about couponing I jumped in feet first and failed miserably. I took a time out, taught myself the basics, and moved forward from there.
What has always been the tricky part for me was the way I sorted, stored, and utilized my coupons. At first I would buy inserts and leave them whole. I would check out the deals, create a list, and then spend the rest of the night cutting coupons and prepping for my shopping trip. I would normally finish this task just in time for my husband to wake up in the morning and then we would set out for our 4 to 5 hours (sometimes more) trip to the store. Yep, you read that right. I wouldn’t sleep at all and then I would go shopping for 4 to 5 hours. After a couple of months (can you believe I lasted that long!) I became frustrated so I started using large Ziploc bags to store my cut coupons. That was such a nightmare that I don’t even want to discuss it. Let’s just say FAIL. I went through just about every couponing method that one can imagine, got frustrated, and found something new. Finally, I moved on to carrying a coupon binder. This worked great….for a while.
As I mentioned, I am an extreme couponer. I’m not as extreme as some of the people that you may have seen on television. I buy 10 to 15 newspapers a week, depending on the inserts, and I also trade coupons with families and friends. The binder system was great in theory because I would cut my coupons on Sunday, sort them into my binder, and then I was good to go for the week. Once I had created my shopping list I would go in, grab my coupons, and head out on my way. Doesn’t sound bad, right? Yeah… there were still problems.
What would end up happening is I would show up to shop and as I was walking through the aisles I would find a great sale, special, or clearance that had not been listed in the weekly advertisement. JUST GREAT! There was no way I was running home to get the coupons so I missed out on some seriously great deals… sometimes FREEBIES. Totally depressing! I knew that wasn’t going to work for me so, I got a great idea and started carrying my binder around in my car. This was great … until my husband and I switched cars for the day and he ended up with my binder and I ended up stuck at home with a shopping list and no coupons. There was only one way to solve this problem, I started carrying my binder with me every time I went shopping. That went great until I built up my “coupon collection” to the point that I was carrying THREE binders. Have you seen shopping carts? They don’t have extra storage for coupon binders! I would put my binders on grate underneath my shopping cart and they would slide off. I would put them inside the cart and they took up over half of the room. Nobody can shop like that, especially an extreme couponer. So once again, I started looking for options.
I was reading through Facebook one day and a blogger posted their review of a new couponing system. I let out a small laugh and clicked the link knowing that whatever this “new method” was definitely was not going to work. I swear the heavens opened up, angels started singing, and I almost cried because I became so emotional while reading about MyCouponKeeper. If you think I’m kidding, any couponer will completely understand what happened. I fell in love.
Let me take a moment to note that I contacted MyCouponKeeper about reviewing their system, they did not approach me. That is how much faith I had in their product after reading about it.
ABOUT THE SYSTEM –
I received The MyCouponKeeper® Deluxe System which includes
· MyCouponKeeper Coupon Box 14.9”W x 6.9”D x 4.75”H
· 2 adjustable dividers to support coupons in box when not full 3.2” x 7.2”
· 3 MyCouponKeeper Purse Size Shopping Folders 6” x 8”
· 48 Durable PVC Coupon Guides
· 55 Pre-printed Category Labels to Choose From
· 1 MyCouponKeeper Reusable Shopping Bag
What I love about this system is that it provides EVERYTHING needed to get organized and start saving money right away.
6 Things I LOVE about The MyCouponKeeper® Deluxe System:
1) Fits in ALL Shopping Carts: I have taken MyCouponKeeper to Kroger, Meijer, Target, and Walmart. The system fits in the “child’s seat” of every single cart!
2) It holds a TON of Coupons!: The company’s website states that this System will hold over 1,800 coupons. Now, I’ll be honest, I didn’t count my coupons when I pulled them out of my binders and transferred them but I have a TON of coupons. I’ll take their word for it!
3) Plastic Dividers that are ACTUALLY Sturdy: As I mentioned before I have tried every possible method of couponing before. One of those methods included using a shoebox with paper dividers…Don’t judge me, I’m frugal! Needless to say, the dividers (and the box) did not hold up to the task at hand.
4) The lid DOES lock securely: When I’ve couponed using a shoebox I have dumped the entire box. I’ve also been at the store with my binders and had them fall off the cart. Do you know what happens to binders stuffed to the brim with coupons? The pop open and all of your coupons go flying in the middle of the grocery store. A securely locking lid? Yes please!
5) It IS Customizable!: Every couponer has a “method” of couponing that works best for them. The Deluxe System includes 48 plastic dividers and 55 pre-printed labels. This allows each couponer to setup the system to fit YOUR needs. If there is a category that you don’t personally use, simply do not include it in your box! You can also easily make your own labels if there is a special category that is not included in the pre-printed labels.
6) The purse sized folders are AWESOME!: Many couponers go to more than one store and having 3 folders allows me to prepare for my whole shopping extravaganza. I start by placing my coupons for the trip in the left side of the folder. As I shop I slide the coupons I’ll be using into the right side of the folder so they are ready to be handed to the cashier.
Even though my binders were a pain in the rear they provided a system that we had become comfortable with and used for 2 years. I am pleased to let you know that I have not gone back to using my binders. I am extremely happy with MyCouponKeeper and have already recommended it to friends that coupon as well. This speaks volumes about the product because everyone knows how serious I am about couponing.
The MyCouponKeeper® Deluxe System is quick and easy to use. I highly recommend this system to couponers that are just beginning and those that have been couponing for years. To learn more about MyCouponKeeper or to buy a System of your own click HERE.
EXCLUSIVE SAVINGS! Right now, Griffin’s Honey fans can save 10% off of their purchase with MyCouponKeeper! Simply enter promo code: GriffinsHoney (case sensitive) at checkout. This offer is valid through September 22, 2013.
“Maximize your Savings with Organization!!”
CONNECT WITH THE COMPANY –
EVEN BETTER ….. A GIVEAWAY!!! –
MyCouponKeeper has partnered with Griffin’s Honey and is offering ONE lucky fan the chance to win a MyCouponKeeper® Deluxe System of their own! That’s right the winner will receive the SAME system that we received for review. This giveaway is open to residents of the U.S.A. that are 18 years or older ONLY. To enter, simply follow the easy Rafflecopter below.
I received a complimentary MyCouponKeeper® Deluxe System for the purpose of review in exchange for an honest review. Please note, the opinions expressed are my own and I am not required to provide a positive review.